Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ahhh. Motherhood.

It's All Our Yesterdays! Because you can dance if you want to--you can leave your friends behind.

You know, I'm split. When Chris Muir isn't being overtly political or grotesquely sexist he isn't quite as painful.

But he still isn't funny. Which means the strips are just--dull.

2 comments:

  1. For someone who would eventually have…five?…kids, that maternal instinct sure ain’t apparent yet.

    There IS something wrong with that baby, though. Babies do not cry in a long series of short staccato “wah’s”. That lady should get her child looked at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait. There's more to come.

      As I've noted in my Eras columns, characters in DbD don't develop, but they do change. Sam has always been in a large part Muir's ideal woman and, once again, a feminized Id, a version of himself that gets to indulge in bad behavior. While the second is on display here, as I've noted before, the first is going to get progressively grubbier and more misogynistic.

      Delete