Thursday, September 17, 2026

The Imaginary Victories Are Getting Damn Hard To Parse.

It's the Day's Day of Days! Because The Fighting Ranger.

...

The most amusing part is that Muir thinks this comes off as such a big win, but Mamdani has been listening to Trump spew anti-Muslim bullshit this entire time like a deranged racist grandpa at Thanksgiving. Or he would have if there was any actual continuity in this entire sequence of strips, but again, Trump and Schumer are having problems staying consistent in their personalities and goals throughout. And I don't mean between strips. I don't even mean between panels. I mean between lines.

2 comments:

  1. epador:

    “Pinky: ‘Gee, Brain, what are we gonna do tonight?’

    Brain: ‘The same thing we do every night: try to take over the world!’

    I always figured they were metaphors for the Democrat Party.”

    *************

    Lord help me are these people stupid.


    •••


    Interesting. If Mort has expressed any of this before, I missed it, but it’s very rare for anyone in this space to bring up any of the no-shit-sherlock stuff about Trump he’s objecting to here.
    I will go to my grave unable to understand why these thoughts are not universal.


    •••


    You’ve often said that I’m way too credulous regarding the Peanut Gallery’s pretensions to intellectualism, historical and literary knowledge.
    Welp, Oldarmourer sure makes a strong case for your point here. His screed is a fascinating combination of Fox News-level simplemindedness about policy, embarrassing political illiteracy, and truly extraordinary levels of cope regarding Trump’s character and mentality that can be charitably described as childlike.

    In the words of a certain rabbit, what a maroon.

    Honestly.

    I listen to the streamer known as Vaush. He’s somewhat further left than I am — he positions himself as a libertarian socialist — but I would be in ecstasy if people like Oldarmourer were somehow forced to talk with him about macroeconomics and the global ravages of financialization. It would be fucking hilarious.

    •••


    Besides being clinically insane, eon is wrong about his absolutist characterization of “bless your heart”.
    Source: My late paternal grandmother, a daughter of Kentucky and certified southern belle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I've told you, it's largely mimicry and false jargon. It can sound intelligent, but if you examine it, you realize just how witless it is.

      And yeah, the whole point of 'bless your heart' is it can be used literally or sarcastically.

      Delete