Monday, April 26, 2010

Yeah. Feminist. Yeah.

It's the Day's Day of Days! Because the catcher in the rye.

You know, this.. "feminist" "protest"--oh, I'm gonna be needing a lot of quotation marks for this one--reminds me of remarks by a certain American minister...

"I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who try to secularize America...I point the finger in their face and say you helped this happen."


Of course, Muir wasn't "writing" this "comic strip" when those remarks were made, so it would be unfair of me to take him to task for ignoring them while focusing on these. Just as it is distinctly unfair of Muir to pretend that comments like this are a unique province of Muslim clerics, and not the property of reactionary zealots of all faiths and all nations.

Still--no union story today. But I live in fear of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment