Saturday, February 4, 2023

"He's Lulling Them Into A Vulnerable State By Pretending To Lose!"

 It's the Day's Day of Days! Because she's beautiful as a foot.

As inevitable as Muir's shift to a Putin booster seems now, there's a sort of irony that he gets more dug in the more pathetic Putin becomes, to the point of swallowing Putin's increasingly shopworn nuke threats, and indeed praising them. And of course, depicting the bully who is getting knocked on his ass by the little guy he picked a fight with as the strong he-man.

6 comments:

  1. I know I should expect this by now, but I'm still struggling with the fact that this guy punished his adult wife for having HER OWN SISTER over without his permission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muir's thinks he's not a misogynist the same way he thinks he's not a racist.

      Delete
    2. That was one of the earlier storylines I stumbled onto when I returned to DBD after a few years of mostly ignoring it, and it made very clear just how insane it had become while I'd been away.

      Delete
    3. Ugh, okay...so that was an actual plotline. I had either mercifully erased it from my memory, or had missed it.

      Delete
  2. Yep. Skye shows up at the house unexpectedly, Sam having let her stay without telling Zed. Zed's response is to have Sam bend over the car hood, sans pants, and start smacking away. (If I recall correctly, he was using a paddle or something like that.) Pure "stern male authority" and husband-as-disciplinarian stuff.

    It was one of the very, very few times I've ever seen any reader pushback, actually. One person said "This is not cool. I'm out." Muir's response was "Bye".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pure stern male authority stuff...and pure Muir sexual fantasy about what relationships should be like. I don't mind horny content in stories, either, but this is so. gross. Fascism ruins everything....

      Delete