Thursday, December 21, 2023

Continuity Is For Small-Brains Who Worry About Things Like Consequences!

 It's the Day's Day of Days! Because Nine Dragon Shi.

It's startling what a mess this strip is. The election for judge is apparently being discarded, and yet Xir seemingly continues to stand for office, and even makes a common sense argument that the hivemind of course sneers at. I'd argue the fundamentals of the strip haven't changed much, actually--Muir has always argued nonsense, and insisted sensible things stated in reply to this were some kind of idiocy. It's just that the nonsense has gotten crazier and crazier as the strip goes along.

3 comments:

  1. Bren's entire comment, leading up to:

    "If I was a leftist, OTOH, I’d not only have my expenses paid, but I’d be drawing pay."


    What on god's green earth is he TALKING about?! What is that supposed to mean? I have no idea what hypothetical situation he even thinks he's alluding to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an article of faith among many Right Wingers that the Left is all being funded by the (((Shadowy Elite))), as opposed to the Honest Volk of the Right who work for their living. Thus the Left is both lazy, shiftless parasites living off the public teat AND decadent elitists simultaneously.

      Delete
    2. JLG, that one boggled my mind as well, alongside the other comment implying that left-wing activists are all trust fund babies or born into wealth (unlike Trump??)

      That entire exchange was especially hilarious since I work a full-time job with frequent overtime and, in my spare time, am active in my local Democratic Party. Sure, I don't spend lots of travel time and money to participate in an insurrection like Bren did, but still. Everyone else I know who volunteers for the Dems either works, like me, is in school or is retired after working all their lives. Not a single nepo baby or heir to a great fortune among them.

      But of course, that scary reality would burst the peanut gallery's ideological bubble. So, convenient strawpeople and all that.

      Delete